The present document is intended to inform you about how the BUSINESS CLUB BELGIUM-LUXEMBOURG (BCBL) is processing [] your personal data (hereafter “Your Data”) in accordance with the rules set by the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 related to the protection of natural persons in regards to the processing of personal data (hereafter “GDPR”).
Identity of the controller of the processing
The BUSINESS CLUB BELGIUM-LUXEMBOURG (in short BCBL), incorporated under the form of an Association Internationale Sans But Lucratif (International non profit association) established and having its registered office at Avenue de Cortenbergh, 75, 1000 Brussels, registered with Crossroads Bank for Enterprises under number 0725.859.611, (hereafter the « BCBL ») is responsible for the processing of Your Data..
Categories of the persons concerned and of personal data processed
Le BCBL primarily processes:
- data for the identification and contact-related of natural persons with links to the enterprises members of the BCBL (executives, contact persons,..)
- of natural persons with links to unaffiliated enterprises (executives, contact persons, etc.) or public entities
- of natural persons with links to its service providers, as well as,
- of other natural persons that have requested access to the services offered by the BCBL (conferences, assistance, subscription to the newsletter, etc..)
The BCBL is also processing the images and exceptionally sensitive data (allergies or dietary requirements) of people attending the events and economic missions it organises.
In any cases, the BCBL is committed to observing the data minimisation principle of Your Data and ensures that only appropriate and relevant data are processed as required for the pursuit of the purposes declared.
Sources of the personal data processed
The BCBL either collects Your Data directly from you or indirectly from third parties.
Principles and purposes of the processing
The processing of Your Data is based on:
- Either on the fact that the processing is required for the execution of the missions of the BCBL in accordance with its purposes as described in its statutes (promotion of a legislative and regulatory framework favourable to the economic development, promotion of international economic and trade relations, development and promotion of vocational training, conduct of studies and analyses on trade, industry and finance, etc.),
- Or the fact that the processing is required for the legitimate interests pursuit by the BCBL (communication regarding events it is organising, etc..),
- Or the fact that the processing is required to comply with a legal obligation with which the BCBL must comply (various correspondence and communication aimed at natural persons at affiliated or unaffiliated companies (executives, contact persons, etc.), public authorities, federations, etc.),
- Or the fact that the processing is required for the application of any agreements concluded with the BCBL that you are a party to,
- Or with your consent (subscription to the newsletter of the BCBL, etc..).
Transfer of Your Data
Your Data are processed internally by duly authorised people, in accordance with their respective responsibilities.
For the aforementioned purposes, the BCBL may transfer Your Data to:
- Its institutional partners (employer federations, ministries, public sector bodies, embassies, trade organisations) or non-institutional partners (businesses, training organisations, service providers) including for the joint organisation of events (economic missions, conferences, etc.);
- Its service providers for the sending of newsletters and other publications;
- Its subcontractors performing a processing of data on its behalf.
For the frame of its international activities, the BCBL may transfer Your Data to an international organisation or a country located outside the European Economic Area []:
- Subject to an adequacy decision made by the European Commission;
- Not subject to an adequacy decision made by the European Commission, to which such transfers are governed by way of appropriate guarantees (such as the standard contractual clauses of the European Commission) in order to ensure in all circumstances an adequate level of protection for the transferred data;
- In the absence of an adequacy decision or appropriate guarantees, on the basis of your explicit consent.
You have a right to access Your Data, a right to rectify Your Data in the event of any errors and, subject to providing proof of legitimate and compelling grounds in accordance with the GDPR, a right to restriction of processing and a right to object to the collection of Your Data. However, in both of these scenarios, the exercising of these rights does not negate the previous validity of the processing.
Furthermore, you have a right to erase your personal data.
Please note that the BCBL is authorised to store and continue to process certain personal data even when you have exercised your rights to object or erasure, based on compelling legitimate grounds.
For the exercise your rights, you may contact the Data protection officer of the BCBL. In the event that the BCBL has reasonable doubt regarding your identity when exercising your rights, the BCBL may ask that additional necessary information are provide to confirm your identity.
Finally, you also have the right at any time to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority if you believe that your rights specified above have not been respected.
Security of Your Data
The personal data collected by the BCBL are processed by the BCBL in its capacity as the controller of the processing, in accordance with the relevant data protection legislation.
The BCBL undertakes to put in place the technical and organisational security measures required for the protection of Your Data.
Storage period for Your Data
The BCBL is storing Your Data for as long as the BCBL needs to in order to comply with the legal and regulatory requirements which are applicable to the BCBL or as long as the BCBL needs to in order to achieve the purposes for which they have been collected.
Charter on the usage of cookies
The website of the BCBL is using cookies. The cookies are small text files placed on your devices by the sites that you visit. They are generally used to enable internet sites to run more efficiently and to provide information to site owners.
The cookies are generally stored on the hard drive of your computer. The BCBL uses the information collected with cookies to assess the efficiency of its website. The information collected using cookies enables it to identify the most frequently visited parts of its website and any difficulties experienced by users when accessing it. With this information, the BCBL can improve the quality of your experience on its website, provide more features and information, and also resolve difficulties with access.
The BCBL uses third-party service providers to help it better understand how its website is used and they may place cookies on the hard drive of your computer.
[] A "processing" of data consists in particular in the collection, the recording, the organization, the structuring, the storage, the adaptation, the modification or the use of your Data.
[] The European Economic Area includes the European Union, the Lichtenstein, Norway and Island.